Job Description: Technical Author
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
Location: Home/Office based role (with occasional travel)
Salary: Competitive base
Our Company was founded on the idea that we could build one integrated business platform and deliver it online to any business so they could be more successful.
What does this mean for you? If you’re looking to drive your own career and make a difference through your work, there’s no better opportunity than NetEDI.
We offer a fully managed service built upon our world class iPaaS solution NeTIX, which connects business worldwide to their trading relationships. Exchanging millions documents a month and handling transactions worth billions of pounds per annum. NetEDI serves all types of companies in the supply chain. Whether a retailer, automotive, supplier, grocer, healthcare supplier, ecommerce platform, distributor or 3PL, our NeTIX platform ensures their onboarding experience will be streamlined and pain-free. Best of all, the process to connect with more retail partners is quick and simple. Although EDI is in our name our iPaaS solution has grown to be much more, providing solutions for enhanced visibility, collaboration, connectivity and communication.
As of 3rd September 2019 we became part of Cegedim, a global technology group with over 50 years’ experience specialising in technology. Cegedim is a French publicly listed company which employs over 5500 people in more than 18 countries, generating revenues of €600+ million.
Want to know what it’s like to work for us? Meet the team:
We’re looking for an experienced professional documentation specialist to join NetEDI. Your role will be to work on solution documentation for our quickly developing iPaaS solution. You will liaise with developers, solution architects, product owners, project managers and support staff to produce infrastructure diagrams, technical documents, release notes, user guides and online help etc.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
- Plan, research, design, write and edit documentation, including creating new documents from scratch
- Plan, estimate, and deliver documentation of a high quality and to deadline
- Liaise with stakeholders, regarding progress & issues found whilst authoring.
- Prioritise your own work across multiple teams and geographies
- Take responsibility for your own work
- Share knowledge or specialist expertise
- Advocate and demonstrate appropriate technical communication best practices
- Actively contribute to the business culture
Skills & Experience
- Be self-motivated and keen to learn.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong investigative and analytical skills, with an attention to detail
- Have strong interpersonal skills and work with people from all areas of the organisation
- Have strong time management skills
- Have some past experience of technical writing and/or working as a Technical Author
- Have demonstrable experience of writing for software vendors
- Have a good academic background
At NetEDI, we’ve created a strong team culture and ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. After qualifying period in addition to your competitive salary, private health insurance, personal car parking pass, and company pension, we also include:
• Education – We’re committed to helping our people grow by providing in-house education and training whilst on the job.
• Events – NetEDI provide regular group events to help maintain a team ethic and professional culture within the business.
• Social Area – Table Tennis, Pool table with Xbox and Sky TV.
• Well Being – Free gym membership to GymETC situated directly across the road to the work premises.
How to Apply
If this is just the role you’ve been looking for, please apply now by sending your CV to: email@example.com.