We recently posted about the strides we’ve made with PEPPOL and the fact that we processed over 100,000 PEPPOL documents in October alone. Our success this year continues, and November saw us process a whopping 200,000 PEPPOL documents across our whole client base, making this our most successful month so far!
We have also passed the 200 PEPPOL implementation mark and configured over 500 trading relationships between Trusts and NHS Suppliers on the network.
How does PEPPOL work?
PEPPOL stands for Pan European Public Procurement Online and it’s a standard of electronic messaging that the Department of Health is rolling out across the whole of the NHS and its supply chain.
We are the leading PEPPOL solution supplier in the UK and the chosen PEPPOL provider for NHS Supply Chain. As well as that, we’re also part of the Department of Health’s working group for PEPPOL.
Let’s take a look at why it’s so important for suppliers and Trusts to get connected to the same interoperable network.
The benefits of PEPPOL
When it comes to PEPPOL there are many benefits to consider:
- Suppliers and Trusts will be part of one interoperable network
- It will be easier to track implants to patients
- All messages will be standardised, automatic and traceable
- Surgical staff will be alerted if expired stock is scanned to a patient at the point of care
- Product recalls will take far less time to put into effect
- The number of errors and invoice queries will be reduced
Thank you to the team
We will continue to support the Department of Health and the NHS by onboarding more suppliers and increasing the usage of PEPPOL within the industry. All that remains is to say a big thank you to our brilliant, dedicated team for their hard work and achievements so far.